The development of omni-channel retailing and consumers’ need to be free to choose where and when they receive their deliveries is compelling e-retailers to review their supply chain arrangements and set up new delivery services. The challenges involved: making faster and faster deliveries, reducing and optimising costs and winning the battle for the last mile.
The main trends in logistics for 2016:
- The end of the “single logistics site”: more and more businesses now have a second logistics site to enable them to get as close to their markets as possible.
- “Click and collect” and parcel lockers: 20% more collection points (in lockers, own shops or pick-up points) were available in 2015 than in 2014. These facilities are becoming increasingly popular with consumers, sparing them the inconvenience of traditional delivery methods.
- Instant delivery services will become the norm: customers’ experience when placing orders will be optimised through the availability of delivery options which are hugely beneficial to the consumer: one-hour or one-day delivery, city couriers, etc.
- Collaborative delivery: enabling individuals to become delivery agents and solving problems associated with the last mile and intercity journeys.
- Express delivery of fresh produce: a major trend in 2015, it looks set to expand further in 2016. Likewise, the delivery of ready-made meals, which is also booming.
- Cross-border trade: technology is breaking down geographical barriers and cross-border trade is a fruitful source of opportunities for e-retailers. Many businesses now offer services to facilitate international deliveries.
THE e-LOGISTICS OFFER AT E-COMMERCE PARIS
Exhibiting companies offer solutions in the following fields:
- National and international transport
- Express delivery / Last mile
- Managing returns (reverse logistics)
- Multichannel logistics
- Logistics and supply-chain softwares
- Specialised logistics (bulky objects, high-tech, food, etc.)
- Labels Manufacturer and labels printing equipment
They will exhibit in the e-logistics sector in 2016:
BRETAGNE SERVICES LOGISTIQUES
IMX FRANCE SA
CCI AMIENS PICARDIE
SAICA PACK FRANCE
L'UNIVERS DE L'EMBALLAGE
DEUTSCHE POST GLOBAL MAIL
TNT EXPRESS FRANCE
MOBILTRON FRANCE SAS
FROMM FRANCE SARL
NEXT TERRA INTERNATIONAL
GLOBAL LOGISTICS NETWORK
List of exhibitors registered as of June 9, 2016.